Closing the Miss United States 2010 Chapter: Jessica Black

After reading her post on Facebook, I just had to add this to the site. Jessica welcomed me with open arms the moment I stepped in Vegas, and she is a shining example of how role models should be. Please read her touching closing speech below!
********************************
Words cannot describe the impact this past year has had on my life. Thomas Edison once said, if we all did the things we are capable of, we would truly astound ourselves with amazement!

That really describes my year as Miss United States. I would have never dreamed I’d be given the opportunity to travel the world, meet so many incredible people and work with so many outstanding charities. After 12 months, 280 plus appearances and achieving my goal of raising 500k for over 25 charities, I now know exactly what I am capable of!

There so many people I need to thank, I’m blessed to have the most amazing network of support:
Thank you to all if my friends at Children’s Miracle Network and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta for allowing me to support such amazing organizations.

I’m honored and proud to dedicate my year as Miss United States to Miss Brigette Barron, who lost her battle with leukemia this year at the age of 17. Brigette will always be my inspiration for pushing forward to make others live better!

My journey started as Miss Georgia with my state director Mr. Steven Gambrell. Steven you are my heart and the best director I have ever had, like our favorite movie dirty dancing... I had the time of my life- I owe it all to you! And to Erin Grizzle who passed this amazing opportunity to me, you will always be one of the most gracious and beautiful women I know! Love you both!

Big Thanks to Mr. Joel Harlow of Jerusalem House & AV200 -Thank you for always treating me like a queen and allowing me to become apart of some of the most amazing charities in the US!

Cynthia Schroeder of Spring Street, in Charlottesville VA -you where my number one sponsor all year. Thank you so much for the amazing wardrobe and memories; you will always be one of my dearest friends.

Huge thanks to Ms. Kathryn Humphrey, for being my “Oprah” of hair color; you are not only my hair stylist, but also one of my best friends. I will always be grateful for everything that you have done for me.

Forever grateful to my Body Design team in Vinings,GA. Thank you Corey Ritter, Terry Elswick and Noelle Bogdala for helping me stay in-shape for one of the most important years of my life!
Body Design is the BEST!

To my favorite team at "Mint32 Dentistry" Dr. Darrell Morton - Thank you for giving me a smile that makes me feel like a million dollars, your support this year was amazing, I'll be forever grateful!
(Love you Jennifer!)

Dr. Paul Yurfest at West Paces Ferry Orthodonist, Thank you for making the impossible - possible! Your the best! Thank you Kenny for all of the extra help and attention.

Thank you to President David Zimmerman and the Internationl/Southern Women's Show team (Especially Sarah Johnston) for allowing me to travel the United States this year as one of the faces for The Women’s Show.

My year as Miss United States was really impacted by the NTDTV team. A huge Thank you to NTDTV and The Shen Yun Performing Arts Show for my trip into Chinese culture. Thank you Jing Chen, Serene Lee & Mr. Frank Tian Xie for your amazing hospitality and support!

Mr. Steve Kilby of Atlanta 200, thank you for making me the “Go To” MC and for always supporting me in my dreams. Without your help my filming with MTV would never be possible.

To my MTV Crew - Daniel Lagrua, Juila Baron, Christalyn Wright & Rebecca Rasmussen thank you for such an amazing experience. Our episode airs Tomorrow at 4pm EST on MTV and I’m so excited to see our hard work!

Big Thanks to Atlanta organizations that without them, my year would no have been so successful:
Phil Minnes & Michael Bryant of Philip Michael Media
Amanda Brown of Artisit Trifecta
Greta Jaeger of Coaching Your Dreams
Pam Schloemer of Schloemer Business Services
Scott Rogers & The Atlanta Lions Club
Renee Knorr of 19th Hole Magazine 
Ericka Mitchell of Miss Ga Latina Board
–Each of you went above and beyond to help make my year as Miss United States amazing. I could never say enough thank you’s for your support.

* Thank you to Candace Howard and The Pageant Planet for your support!
* Ms. Ethel Smawley of The Encounter and Ms. Stephanie Williams for the most amazing Experience all year! I love you both, your amazing!

Other Sponsor Thanks:
Miguel Betancout, Photography (Amazing photo shoot)
BlacktheSalon in Royal Oak Michigan
Ms. Sigal Levine- hair and makeup stylist
Mr. Jeffery Banks of Jewelry TV
Ms. Shirley Fraser of Bravura
Lifetime Television Network – The Balancing Act Crew
Mr. Eric Evans Designer of Sache
Ms. Yolanda Owens of iWi skin care
Ms. Cibele Ziobrowski of Overboard Bikinis

A very special thank you to The City of Atlanta. I'm very proud to now call Atlanta my home. Also the city of Swainsboro, GA my childhood hometown and Mr. Al Lawson, I’ve received hundreds of care packages, letters and phone calls from both cities. The support has been amazing this year!

To my Miss United States Family I'll never forget all the memories we shared. Emily Lopez, Tristan Topps and Candice Cruz I couldn't have asked for better young women to travel the country with and make part of my family! You’ll forever be my sisters no matter where our paths may lead!
To Ms. Lynda Samuels, I had the ide of my life, thank you for directing me on my journey!

To Rachael Juillerat and Jarred - I would never thought possible to meet two people more fun and full of life! You both are so amazing to me and I'm truly blessed to call you my family!

My Favorite Team, Mr. Joe Pier & Ernesto Ortiz Castro - Thank you for capturing the most beautiful photos of one of the most important years of my life, I love you both for your support and time!

To Chris Wilmer (Virginia queens) without you I would have never been able to take the Miss United States system to the next level.  I can never thank you enough for helping me make this year a once in a lifetime experience!

To my family Mom, Dad, Jennifer, Victoria and Reece. I'm truly blessed to have you in my life to help me believe the sky’s the limit. Mom -you'll always be my best friend! I love you all for taking this journey with me.

To my OTHER mother, Randall Smith of RKS Couture - Thanks for making me always look like a true celebrity in the spotlight. You will forever be my “Black Momma” and the person who never fears risk!

To Raydale Jones of Plush Couture, You add the “Bling” that makes every girl feel like a million dollars. You have the most amazing eye for design and you are very talented. Thank you for all you have done for me over the past few years!

To one of the best friends a girl could ask for – Ms. Amber Ferrell. You have been there for me long before I was ever a queen, words cannot describe how much I love you. Thank you for everything!

Ms. Kimberly Vaughn- Thank you for making sure I looked like a million dollars in Las Vegas. You are a true role model to young women everywhere. I can never thank you enough for helping me end my year with a bang!

Thank you to Trudy Garnette Davies, Valarie Bowens, Carrie Williams, Elina Brager, Asif Jessani, Troy Von Otnott, Tammy Johns & Phillip Webb for all of your love and support!

As Miss United States 2010 it's been a honor to embody the spirit of the Miss United States system and become a true ambassador for young women all across the united states. To the lucky young woman I crowned this past weekend, Miss Ashley Smith - get ready for the time of your life, but always remember my quote from Edison, “know what your capable of” and your year will also be nothing short of astonishing!

Thank you to all mentioned & others,
Miss United States 2010
Jessica Black