Kickin' Keychains!!!

Shortly after I was crowned, I located on Facebook Miss United States 2007 Ashley Kazian and asked her for any tips she may have picked up during her year. WOW, talk about a blessing! Ashley emailed me back with an extensive list of invaluable advice that I never would have thought of on my own! From taking photos to writing thank-you notes, Ashley's tips have sat with me since that day... But there's one that just so happens to be my absolute favorite...

"Collect something from each state you go to."

I thought for a while about her suggestion, trying to decide on something simple but memorable I could collect from each state. And then, it hit me... KEYCHAINS! Small enough to carry with you but big enough to leave a lasting impression, I have scoured airport kiosks and shops over and over to find a state keychain with some special meaning to me. For example, when I visited Baltimore, MD I had the single best crabcake of my life! So before I boarded the plane back home, I picked up the keychain you see to the left :-)

To date, I have nine keychains representing the nine states I have traveled to and across as Miss United States (Nevada, Virginia, Alabama, Maryland, Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia). And when I head to Michigan tomorrow, I'll be able to add another keychain to the list!
So my little collection got me thinking... This is one of the ways in which I will be able to remember one of the most incredible years of my life. How do you trap your memories? Maybe it's by taking lots of pictures, holding on to game tickets or special receipts, or maybe it's just by reliving those unforgettable moments in your mind as much as you can.

Our best days are still ahead of us, so no worries if you've left the past in the past. But take time to try to document your future in some way. Take it from me.. A crabby keychain is only $5.00 today, but tomorrow, when this is all over-- it's priceless.